Are you better off choosing a CAA garage?
When your car starts acting up, figuring out which garage to take it to isn’t always easy. Should you go to the dealership, an independently owned garage or a CAA garage? Are the services the same? Which one should you trust?
To choose the right garage, ask the right questions!
First of all, keep in mind that all garages, whether independent, dealerships or CAA garages, must meet certain minimum requirements from different points of view. Before making your choice, it’s recommendable to compare the options open to you by asking the garage owners a few key questions:
- Have the mechanics received accredited training?
- Does the garage have the appropriate equipment to make your repairs?
- Can they give you a clear, detailed estimate on the repairs to be performed?
- Do they have references? Do they have good reviews on the internet?
- Are the personnel prepared to provide you with a detailed explanation of the work to be done?
- Are the prices for repairs clearly stated?
If you have any doubts, you can always verify the garage’s track record with the Office of Consumer Protection. This simple inquiry could save you a lot of unnecessary expenses and headaches. Another important precaution is to make sure that the mechanics are qualified to work on the specific make and model of vehicle you own.
What are the advantages of a CAA-approved garage?
CAA garages are able to certify the quality of the services they offer. To become CAA approved, they have to fulfill rigorous requirements. They also offer certain warranties and other advantages, especially if you’re already a CAA Quebec member.
Here are some of the advantages:
- CAA Dollars back on all purchases, services and repairs
- Additional discounts on certain products, depending on current CAA Quebec promotions
- Access to mediation services in the event of a dispute with a CAA-approved garage
- A warranty on parts (new and used) and labor of 1 year or 20,000 km, whichever comes first
- The guarantee of skilled personnel (verified yearly by CAA through mystery shoppers)
- State-of-the-art equipment appropriate for use on your vehicle
- Eco-responsible practices (chiefly through the Clé Verte program, for better hazardous, non-hazardous and post-consumer waste management)
To learn more about the CAA Quebec promise
CAA Quebec gives you the assurance of knowing that you can entrust your vehicle to an approved garage with total confidence. The approved garages on the list were chosen based on strict criteria, including the reliability, honesty and skill of the team. Additionally, satisfaction surveys are taken each year to ensure that CAA-approved garages have earned their right to remain in the network.
Where to find an approved garage
You’ll find a full list of nearly 370 garages, including repair shops and body shops, on the CAA-Quebec website.
Specialized garage in Montreal
Are you looking for a specialized garage for your automobile? Trans-Mico is a CAA-Quebec-approved garage that offers state-of-the-art services for your vehicle’s transmission, maintenance and general mechanical repairs. You can count on the services of an experienced mechanic who’s attentive to your needs! Contact us for more information.