Garage specializing in car and light vehicle transmissions
Transmission problem? You are in the right place.
At Trans-Mico Automotive we understand that a well fonctionning manual or automatic transmission is key to pleasurable driving. We therefore offer a complete service for the transmission of your car: maintenance, diagnosis, flushing and repair of the transmission, and even reconstruction if required.
Signs that don’t lie
All-wheel drive and 4x4
There are 3 types of 4 X 4 transmissions and at Trans-Mico Automotive, we are qualified to take care of all of them, as well as regular transmissions.
Four-wheel drives can be :
- Engageable (all terrain vehicle)
- Semi-permanent (berlines and front-wheel drive SUVs/4×4)
- Permanent (berlines and high end SUVs/4×4)
Semi-permanent transmission will activate itself when it senses that the front and back wheels are not at the same speed. Permanent 4 X 4 is always activated. Like all other transmission, they also have to be maintained, repaired or rebuilt. Only a specialist will care for your 4 X 4 and do the repairs needed, giving you, peace of mind.
Healthy Transmission tips from specialists in Montreal
Maintaining your transmission is just as important as getting your regular engine oil changes.
Tips to help you avoid future transmission damage
- Do scheduled maintenance at every 40 000 km or every two years.
- Do have transmission fluid checked once a month.
- Do check the ground for leaks.
- Do not drive a car with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving.
- Do not spin tires.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems this may cause further damage.
- Do not drive on dry pavement if 4 x 4 is engaged unless the vehicle is all-wheel drive.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes for extended periods of times.
Help your car’s transmission BEAT THE HEAT!
Taking few simple steps now can help your car’s transmission beat the heat. Here are few transmission saving tips:
- Avoid jackrabbit starts. Hard accelerations create friction and heat in the transmission.
- Keep the cooling system in good shape. Regular service can help your transmission run cooler and last longer.
- Add a transmission cooler. If you travel in extremely high temperatures or carry a lot of weight in your car
- An auxiliary cooler can add years to your transmission’s life.
Some common questions about the transmission system and the operation of our garage
In order to help clarify a few crucial points regarding transmissions, here are our clients most frequently asked questions about our transmission repair garage.
Services related to the treatment of automatic transmission fluids are often neglected or done in incompletely. This can ruin your transmission and generate problems that will require repairs, or even parts replacement. The overheating and contamination of fluids cause 90% of automatic transmission damages.
Transmission fluid changes and refills only replace 40% of the overall fluid. The 60% remaining are confined in the valve body, the converter and in the cooling fluid. The transmission fluid created by the fluid change and fill can create harmful deposits and varnishes, which can cause damages or breakage of the transmission.
If you are a CAA member, you can have your car towed in and drop your keys at the key box on the side door of our building. Or call the towing company we deal with: Remorquage Val d’Isere at 514-945-3509 and ask them to tow your car to Trans-Mico and to charge Trans-Mico as well. We have group rates with them and will charge it on your repair invoice.